Wednesday, May 25, 2011

From wonder to blase (accent over the "e")......and back.

I'll admit that in the beginning of this process I could write an overwhelmingly descriptive paragraph about a shop vac, a punch list or a red shag rug. And did. EVERYTHING was a wonder. I had feelings to share about EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY. Now that I'm living the very dream I've been chasing for fifty-some-odd years, it has taken me SIX MONTHS to even put a few words under blog pictures that I seemingly take for granted. Have I become blase (accent over the "e") since the house and surroundings are mostly completed? Do I fail to notice the joys and intricacies of gravel spreading......rock placement...... lavender planting......tractor driving.....dog smiling events these days? So much so, that I don't even put a caption under the photographs that commemorate these happenings? I'd better be bringing back the wonder.......and I'd better be bringing it back NOW.

I will address "The Psychological Ramifications of Living Smack In The Middle Of A Bllllllllllllogggggg" at a later date. For the time being, it should be written that I'm loving every minute of being in this glorious and extraordinary house......in every way......and due to that very reason, I haven't had an opportunity to put stuff down in writing. That's not blase (accent over the "e"). That's wonder........belated but not forgotten for a minute.

perceive.......contemplate.........examine........discern........
J and J's ROCK REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT....."We dig rock...."


John R. has the tractor......Jason has the camera.......look at that gravel......look at that rock work. It used to be a carport. Now it is a pavilion.
Former Greenwood Street daredevil.
Behind every great pile of rocks........there is a daredevil.....
and probably a lizard.
Finally. A civilized way to get from Point A to Point B........and everything in between.

1 comment:

Timmy said...

I went through countless blogs, each different in its own way, but by far this blog is far better than the rest. In both content and design, really good job in keeping it up.

man and van in London