Wednesday, May 25, 2011

From wonder to blase (accent over the "e")......and back.

I'll admit that in the beginning of this process I could write an overwhelmingly descriptive paragraph about a shop vac, a punch list or a red shag rug. And did. EVERYTHING was a wonder. I had feelings to share about EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY. Now that I'm living the very dream I've been chasing for fifty-some-odd years, it has taken me SIX MONTHS to even put a few words under blog pictures that I seemingly take for granted. Have I become blase (accent over the "e") since the house and surroundings are mostly completed? Do I fail to notice the joys and intricacies of gravel spreading......rock placement...... lavender planting......tractor driving.....dog smiling events these days? So much so, that I don't even put a caption under the photographs that commemorate these happenings? I'd better be bringing back the wonder.......and I'd better be bringing it back NOW.

I will address "The Psychological Ramifications of Living Smack In The Middle Of A Bllllllllllllogggggg" at a later date. For the time being, it should be written that I'm loving every minute of being in this glorious and extraordinary house......in every way......and due to that very reason, I haven't had an opportunity to put stuff down in writing. That's not blase (accent over the "e"). That's wonder........belated but not forgotten for a minute.

perceive.......contemplate.........examine........discern........
J and J's ROCK REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT....."We dig rock...."


John R. has the tractor......Jason has the camera.......look at that gravel......look at that rock work. It used to be a carport. Now it is a pavilion.
Former Greenwood Street daredevil.
Behind every great pile of rocks........there is a daredevil.....
and probably a lizard.
Finally. A civilized way to get from Point A to Point B........and everything in between.

No comments: